I come from an asian / islander background. Our main staple of food has always been rice. Rice is literally our number one food that we eat with everything. With my busy schedule, sometimes it is hard for me to find the time to work out (yes, yes I know. I should make time). So, I need to be careful with what I eat. This low carb dish is not only tasty, but filled with lots of vitamins! This dish is vegan & paleo friendly! If you eat meat, top it off with my recipe of Baked Salmon !
- 5 cups of cauliflower rice (break down cauli-flower into rice)
- 1 cup of brussel sprouts (cut into halves
- 1 red bell pepper ( cut into dices
- 10 spears of asparagus (cut into pieces)
- 1 cup kale
- kosher salt or montreal seasoning
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degree F.
- Spray roasting pan with oil, add the brussel sprouts and cut up red pepper to roasting dish
- Roast in oven for about 20-25 minutes
- In a smaller roasting pan, spray with oil and add asparagus.
- Put the asparagus dish in the oven and roast for about 10 minutes or until tender, but not too soft
- Steam cauliflower until soft
- Once all vegetables are ready, grab a large bowl and mix all the cooked veggies
- Slowly add the kale to the bowl and mix
- Sprinkle seasoning or salt to taste
Serve with salmon or your choice of poultry or by itself!