This fish dish is one of my absolute favorites! It is so easy to make and filled with so much flavor. If cooked just right, the salmon can melt in your mouth. Since I live alone (minus my dog), I love making a batch of this and saving it for lunch with a side of mixed veggies. This fish dish takes just about 15-20 minutes to make. Don’t be afraid to play around with other fresh herbs and veggies. Since I was limited and did not have time to go to the farmers market over the weekend, I just used my go-to seasoning (Montreal seasoning)
- 1 Salmon filet, about 2-2.5 pounds
- 3 tbsp of Montreal seasoning (can buy the bulk at Costco)
- 1 lemon (cut into wedges)
- PAM spray
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees. Grab a roasting pan and spray the entire bottom of the pan with PAM spray, so that the fish does not stick to the pan.
- Add the salmon to the pan, skin side up.
- Sprinkle montreal seasoning all over the salmon. If you want to use fresh herbs, go right ahead! My favorite herbs to use are rosemary, and thyme.If you do decide to use fresh herbs, don’t forget to sprinkle some kosher salt
- Add the lemon wedges all over the salmon
- Roast salmon for about 10-15 minutes. I prefer my salmon to be cooked medium rare so that it remains juicy and melts in your mouth 😋